List of Part P Self-Certification Scheme Providers

by Steve on September 25, 2010

Part P Schemes

Here is the list of current Part P Self-Certification Competent Person Scheme Providers;

BRE Certification Ltd

BSI – British Standards Institution


NAPIT Certification Ltd

NICEIC Certification Services Ltd

Note;  The ECA is a trade association and is not a certification body.  It does not operate its own part P Scheme, however it does support the BRE and ELECSA Schemes listed above.

More info on Part P of The Building Regulations.

Works by Non Self-Cert Installers…

Question–  Can Self-Certifying Electricians carry out Part P Notifications and sign off Test Certificates for work carried out other people?
Answer–  Section 1.28 of Approved Document P does clearly state that a 3rd party may not issue an Installation Certificate.  This may only be issued by the installer responsible for the installation work.  A third party can only sign a Periodic Inspection Report.

You can download the document for free Approved Document P.

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Steve October 8, 2011 at 15:32

Hi Bernard
If you want to do domestic work which includes installation you may want to consider becoming a registered for Self-Certification (Part P).
You can check out the websites of the Self-Cert scheme providers listed above for further info.
I’m with registered with Elecsa and have always found them very helpful.
Hope this helps.

Steve October 8, 2011 at 15:29

Hi i am a fully qualified electrician ,i served a 5yr. app. in S.A. I have lived here over 10 years and have my 17th edition-i am 59yrs. I want to do domestic maintenance work now,I can test as i had my own electrical company what do i need, to go out on my own.

Leave a Comment

{ 1 trackback }

Previous post:

Next post: